PADI Advanced Open Water Course
Dive deeper! - Diving in Melbourne
Further your Scuba diving education with a PADI Advanced Open Water Course at our dive school. One of the most rewarding courses you will ever participate in. Advanced Open Water Courses are both challenging and fun with dive sites, experiences and memories never to be forgotten. Melbourne’s Mornington Peninsula is home to some of the most exhilarating dive sites in the southern hemisphere.
Click here to see photos of the different dive locations.
Dive Course Details
The PADI Advanced Open Water Course builds on your skills learnt in the Open Water Course. A variety of new skills such as underwater navigation and naturalist diving are covered. The Advanced Open Water Course also gives you the thrill of night diving and provides techniques for safer deep diving. You will get to have 5 open water Scuba dives in some of Victoria’s most breathtaking waters.
Location : 3755 Point Nepean Road,Portsea, VIC, 3944, Australia
Duration : The course will run for approximately 9 hours each day.
Times : The course takes two full days and can be completed over the weekend or midweek depending on numbers. Dive students are to arrive at 8.30am on the first day of the course, unless advised otherwise. Your course will finish at approximately 6pm on the last evening.
- 5 open water dives. Depending on weather, availability and instructors discretion these can be a combination of the following: Naturalist, Navigation, Bouyancy, Deep, Drift or Night dive
- Air fills
- Adventures in Diving Manual plus Data Carrier Slate
- PADI Registration and Advanced Certification
- Personalised sales advice and dive equipment packages
- Advanced Open Water students get a 10% discount throughout Bayplay’s dive shop
- Mask/Snorkel/Fins packages include a 10% discount
What to Bring/wear ?
- 1 passport photo
- Completed knowledge reviews
- Open Water Certification Card
- Log book
- Bathers & towel
Participant Conditions : You must be a certified PADI Open Water diver or equivalent and must be in a state of reasonable physical condition for diving.
Dive equipment is hired at the Bayplay shop, click here for dive equipement hire prices.
- Please take the time to speak to your instructor about your needs
- Dive and travel insurance is highly recommended
Are you limited on time or looking to do just part of your PADI Advanced Open Water? Then opt for the PADI Adventure Diver where you can do 1, 2 or 3 dives as part of your PADI certification. Choose from the following dives: Naturalist, Navigation, Bouyancy, Deep, Drift or Night dive. Please click here for PADI Adventure Diver prices.
We also offer the option for one-on-one courses for an additional fee, click here for private tuition prices.
Underwater cameras, masks, fins, booties as well as an extensive range of other diving equipment are available for purchase.