PADI Open Water Course - Melbourne
Learn to Dive in 2 days! Diving in Melbourne
Discover what lies beneath! Learn to dive, discovering and interacting with the amazing diversity of marine life to be found in the underwater world. Successful completion of the PADI Open Water Course at Bayplay’s dive school qualifies you to dive independently to a depth of 18 meters in open water and is your internationally recognised passport to dive throughout the world!
Taking advantage of PADI's great E-learning facility, you are now able to study and complete all knowledge reviews, quizzes and final exam at home on your own time!
Duration : Full Weekend from Friday Evening to Sunday Evening.
Times : Friday Session 6.30pm - 8.30pm. Saturday and Sunday Mornings start at 8.30am. The end time will vary with weather or boat times. Please be available for the full duration of the weekend to get the best out of your experience.
Inclusions : Scuba Dive Instruction, Dive Equipment Hire & Air fills, Pool Dives, showers & change areas after dives, 4 Open Water Dives in Port Phillip Bay, PADI Open Water Course e-Learning Material, PADI Scuba Dive Certification Card, A trolley service for tank cartage to and from dive sites, Top class charter boats meeting all safety requirements, Personalised sales advice and dive equipment packages, Open Water students get a 10% discount throughout Bayplay’s dive shop, Mask/Snorkel/Fins packages include a 10% discount, Transport to dive sites if required.
What to Bring/wear ?
- Dive medical completed by a dive doctor or waiver forms
- Certificate of Completion of the e-learning theory training
- Swim wear, sunscreen, towel.
Participant Conditions : A Dive Medical may need to be completed prior to commencing the course by a certified Dive Doctor. Our local Dive Doctor is Dr Murrie (Ph 5984 4322) based in Sorrento, or you can get a list of Dive Doctors online www.spums.org.au. A waiver form is available if you opt out of a dive medical. The dive professional will have the final say on whether a waiver form is available for your conditions. Medical Conditions will need to be disclosed to our dive professional in advance of a course. If we are required to cancel or reschedule on the day due to medical conditions which could have been foreseen, the participant will incur a reschedule/cancellation fee as per our terms & conditions.
- Minimum of 4 students for a Course to run
- Private Courses (1-3 students) is available. Click here for private tuition fee.
- The option to purchase your own set of personal items such as dive mask, fins & booties from our dive store is available prior to the course.
- Please take the time to speak to your instructor about your dive requirements for great advice from a professional
- Travel insurance inclusive of Diving is highly recommended
- Are you limited on time or looking to do just part of your PADI Open Water? You can choose from the following options: e-Learning only, Pool and Theory (by referral) or 4 Open Water Dives (by referral). Email us for more details