PADI Rescue Diver Course
Learn Vital Rescue Skills - Diving in Melbourne
The PADI Rescue Diver course is highly recommended to all divers. It's a transitional step in your diving education from diving for fun to learning and mastering some of the more technical aspects of scuba diving. Rescue training will teach you diver safety, incident minimization and management and is one of the most challenging yet rewarding courses that can be completed as a diver.
Click here to see photos of the different dive locations.
Dive Course Details
The course runs over three days with theory sessions covering the principles and information you need for preventing and handling dive emergencies. The open water training allows the application of theory in a practical diving environment in some of Victoria’s most pristine waters. This course is a challenging and important part of your scuba diving professional development on Melbourne’s Mornington Peninsula.
Location : 3755 Point Nepean Road,Portsea, VIC, 3944, Australia
Duration : The course will run approximately 9 hours per day.
Times : The course is run over three full days and can be completed over the weekend or midweek depending on numbers. Dive students are to arrive at Bayplay at 8.30am on the first day of the course, unless advised otherwise. Your course will finish at approximately 6pm every evening.
- Air fills
- Rescue Diver Manual plus Accident Work Slate
- PADI Registration and Rescue Certification
- Instruction (this does not include the cost of the CPR Component)
- PADI Rescue students get a 10% discount throughout Bayplay’s dive shop
- Mask/Snorkel/Fins packages include a 10% discount
Dive equipment is hired at the Bayplay shop, click here for dive equipement hire prices.
What to Bring/wear ?
- Advanced Open Water Card
- Log book
- Bathers & towels
- Pen & writing paper or notepad
Participant Conditions : You must be a certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent and must be in good physical condition for diving. A current Dive Medical or copy thereof must be provided along with proof of at least 20 logged dives. You will also require a current First Aid certificate.
- We also offer the option for one-on-one courses for an additional fee, click here for private tuition prices.
- Underwater cameras, masks, fins, booties as well as an extensive range of other diving equipment are available for purchase
- Please take the time to speak to your instructor about your needs
- Dive and travel insurance is highly recommended