Australia 's oldest and most famous traditional Hedge Maze.
More than 4000 year round flowering lavender bushes planted in our lavender labyrinth & display gardens
25 acres of internationally acclaimed garden settings with over 10 garden displays with individual themes that change with every season of the year.
A Circular Rose Maze the first of its kind planted anywhere in the world!With over 1200 rose bushes of 200 fragrant varieties chosen for colour and perfume.
Enjoy the serenity of abundant water features and diverse birdlife, as you admire nature at its best.
- HEDGE MAZE; Australia's oldest and largest traditional Hedge Mazes now standing over 3 metres high and 2 metres wide.
- LAVENDER LABYRINTH; More than 3000 lavender plants flower throughout the year in a spectacular labyrinth overlooking the arboretum. The Lavender Display Gardens features more than 40 different varieties with information plaques about each one.
- ROSE MAZE; Oldest circular Rose Maze in the world - 1200 bushes with 217 varieties chosen for their color and perfume.
- GARDENS; 25 acres of internationally acclaimed gardens. Themed garden areas like the Pot Garden, Rock Garden, SummerGarden, Centre Garden, and Deciduous Woodlands. Maps provided as part of admission.
- WATER GARDENS: Fountains & water features, waterfalls, and our own stream meandering through the property.
- YEAR ROUND ATTRACTION; Beautiful throughout the year - whatever the season. Spring blooms, Summer canopy, Autumn colours, Winter Woodlands.
- GREAT GNOME HUNT; Find the hidden gnomes throughout the gardens. Mystery Puzzles and seasonal fun activities for all ages.
- GARDEN DISCOVERY TRAIL; A fascinating self-guided tour exploring the rare and unusual trees of Ashcombe. Includes a historical perspective.
- THE MAZE CAFÉ; built of hand made mud bricks with vaulted ceilings and towering windows set amidst the mazes and spectacular gardens. Seating for 65 inside and 75 on the deck plus marquee seating for functions & special events.
- MENU: Delicious light lunches and morning/afternoon teas at affordable prices. Wine list featuring local wines. Set menus available for groups; 2 course or 3 course lunches, morning or afternoon teas. Menus tailored to your requirements.
- GIFT SHOP: Featuring rose products, games & puzzles and Ashcombe gifts.
- GARDEN TOURS: Personally guided garden tours for groups. Maze Keeper's stilt walking and hedge trimming demonstrations also available on request.
- Ample Coach Parking off road.
- Licensed Café with Indoor/Outdoor Dining for 150 pax.
- Gift Shop.
- Easy Access. Excellent pathways on smooth terrain throughout the gardens.
- 7 Public Toilets including wheelchair access and nappy changing facility.
- 25 acres of gardens.
- Only one hour from Melbourne on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula.